
Kambrie
She's all cheeks!
Already she is such a good baby
and by far the best sleeper compared to my other babies.


The kiddos absolutely LOVE her and want to hold her all the time.
A new baby seems to make the other kids grow up over night.
They were so proud of the sign they made for the house too.

Just a little bit about her arrival and the days before.......The doctor had scheduled June 2nd as the day but things didn't go quite as planned. I started what I thought was pre-labor pains on the 19th, but they went away, (just in time to celebrate the big 30 for me on the 20th). But by Sat. the 21st my "old" body thought we were in labor. I was having horrible shooting pains in my abdomen and back along with vomiting, cramps well you get the idea. About midnight I told Mike we better head to the hospital. After getting there and being monitored it was not contractions :( but there was cramping so I got a nice morphine shot in the hip. It was probably the only time I even slept for the entire last week. Come Monday and no let up with symptoms we head to our weekly check up. Everything checks okay, I had lost 5 lbs though, so the doctor sent us with some Lortabs and told us to check back if it kept getting worse, it did. By Wednesday I think Mike was ready to just threaten the Dr. to start me or else. So we see the Dr. and he sends us for labwork and an ultrasound, they thought it might be a massive gallbladder attack or something. Well labwork comes back, we get a call and it's not good, I had pre-eclampsia and something called HELP syndrome. So we're told get to the hospital ASAP! The pains were being caused from my liver. Normally this happens after blood pressure and protein in urine are present, but I happened to start out with liver pains. Also it is very rare for this to happen on baby #4 especially after 3 previous normal pregnancies. Anyways we get to the hospital around 2:30 on Wed. the 26th, while getting my IV the nurse says BTW your platelets are really low so you won't be able to have an epidural!!! Really, no meds. (FYI Normal levels of platelets are around 130,000, to get an epidural they have to be greater than 100,000. When I had labs they were at 70,000 and by the next day were at 52,000.) There was a huge risk of me bleeding into my spine or the blood not clotting, yikes. The Dr. breaks my water, starts pitocin and at 5:12 Kambrie was here. She came very fast, which is good (I think). Wow! The entire next day I was on anti-seizure medicine, had vitals and labs done every other hour.....totally not what I had expected but we are so thankful she was healthy and here. Whew.
It's amazing how much better I now feel and Kambrie is such a good baby.



That sounds awful, so sorry you had to go through that. She is a BEAUTY and I can't wait to see her in real life. Congrats again!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! You are an amazing woman! I am so sorry you had to go through that! Thank heavens for an amazing hubby and family to help you! Please let me know if we can help in any way! She is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her! Happy 30th by the way also. How did we get to 30? I feel old!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! She is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story...so glad everything is ok!!
ReplyDelete