




Can I just say I HATE THE FLU! Gage spent a few days in the hospital in what was a crazy past few days. Friday afternoon Gage went for his 18 month well-checkup and everything was just fine. Well by Friday night Gage started throwing up and having constant diarrhea (for lack of a better word.) I thought that maybe it was the immunizations but nope. By Sunday he had gotten progressively worse, he could not even keep a sip of water down. We called our pediatrician to see what to do, after describing the symptoms we were headed to Utah Valley Hospital. After checking his blood, it was pretty serious. He was severely dehydrated, so much that his blood was acidic and the potassium levels were all out of whack. His weight on Friday was 27lb 8 oz on Sunday it had dropped to 25lb 5oz, 10% of his body weight. The nurses had a very hard time getting an IV in and he ended up with nearly 10 different pokes, not something a parent wants to watch. Poor kid! After 2 days of IV fluids Gage was so much better as you can tell in the pictures. When he was discharged he got a wagon ride to the car and of course my camera battery had died. But he was a trooper! We are now home and he seems more like himself, even though he is weaker. We are so thankful he is feeling better.



Oh my heck! Poor little guy! I am glad he is doing better.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad, poor little guy. I hate sick kids worse than anything.
ReplyDeleteWOW, What a nightmare! I can imagine how you felt. Ethan broke his arm last month and had surgery and it's just totally freaky to see your kids hurting and there is nothing you can do.... I'm so glad he's better!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that Gage is doing better! How scary! Hope things are getting better!!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck Paizley asks everyday if she can call Mikinlie, I wish we didn't live so far away. Next weekend my kids will be spending the weekend at my parent's so I'm sure Paizley will call. I was thinking over Spring Break we could get them together. Paizley has been wanting her to sleep over (I don't know how you feel about that) but anyways Mikinkie is welcome here anytime, she is such a doll.
ReplyDeleteSO SAD!! I always feel so hopeless when my girls are sick or hurt. It just breaks my heart!! I hope that he is all better now. Poor kid.
ReplyDeleteKatie! Your kids are so cute!
ReplyDeleteIm excited you are playing softball with us again!
What size of shirt do you want and what number?